[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD ISO's

freebsd freebsd
Mon Aug 23 15:43:15 EDT 2004

From: Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org>
Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:44:44 -0500

>freebsd wrote:
>
>>Hello All,
>>
>>I have downloaded 4.1 from 2 different FTP servers at freebsd.org and the each
>>fail on install at different locations. Is this common to get bad downloads
>>or do you think it may be my media?
>>

>If you post where the install is failing we may be able to help you
>better.  Is it during loading process of the kernel?  Also, is there a
>specific reason you are using 4.1...the latest stable release is 4.10
>which i would suggest you use.  That is unless there is some app. that
>requires 4.1
>
>cheers,
>    pete wright
>
>--
>~~~oO00Oo~~~
>Pete Wright
>email:  pete at nomadlogic.org
>mobile: 917.415.9866
>web:    www.nomadlogic.org/~pete
>member: NYCBUG www.nycbug.org
>New York City's BSD User Group

>% Be sure to check out our Jobs and NYCBUG-announce lists
>% We meet the first Wednesday of the month

Yes, 4.10 is what I am using, I just dropped the trailing zero.

Basicly this is my first forray into any nix OS, so I told the install to do a standard installation (recomended) and told it to install everything, I partitioned a 80gb drive as follows:

10gb Partition labeled as / with 5gb as a file system and 5 gb as a swap system

22gb labeled as /usr
22gb labeled as /var
22gb labeled as /hsphere

When I install from CD I get errors like "Unable to transfer the sinclude distribution from acd0c"

Am I supposed to be swapping in the 2cnd CD when I get those errors?

Jerry Mascari

Sent via the WebMail system at slikstik.com