[nycbug-talk] Easy to learn/use IMAP?

Pete Wright pete
Thu Dec 9 00:56:01 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:46:40AM -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> One of the ISPs I use has been down for 2 days.
> My clients are less than happy about not getting their email.
>
> Although I may not want to handle a mail server long term.. at least for
> now I need to bring up an IMAP/POP3 mail server from my home machine with
> DSL till I get another ISP or this one fixes the problem.
>
> Any recommendations?

I run postfix+courier IMAP (with ssl support)+squirrelMail+freebsd.  it
run great, is well documented and very stable.  it is also pretty
trivial to add support for ClamAV and SpamAssassin.  here are some links
to get you started, altho google.com/bsd is very helpfull as well:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/21/postfix.html
http://www.freebsddiary.org/postfix-virtual-domains.php
http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~ranga/notes/freebsd_postfix.html
http://www.courier-mta.org/