[nycbug-talk] highpoint RAID drivers on FreeBSD

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Dec 13 14:25:24 EST 2004

Wordup Pete, All,

On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Pete Wright wrote:

> hey ike, so you want to take the third party driver and intergreate it
> into your source tree so when you do a make world it get's included as
> well?  that sounds pretty awesome.

Yep- that's the ticket.  I'd really also like to see the driver in the
Stable release, so that install/repair ISO's have the driver loaded and
ready to go.

> i wounder if folks on
> freebsd-hardware@ might be of help?

Just now subscribed, perfect- thanks.

> altho i bet you may be able to get
> it built as a module by putting the source in /usr/src/sys/modules then
> editing the Makefile in there.

Gotcha.  Thanks for this one- I'm going to try this out right now.

> don't know if this is helpfull but it
> may be worth hacking on until you get a definitive response from a
> commiter of something...

Dig- thank you.

Rocket-
.ike