[nycbug-talk] highpoint RAID drivers on FreeBSD

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Dec 13 15:48:30 EST 2004

Hi Charles, All,

On Dec 13, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Can you tell us more about the driver?  Is it tacked-on to the
> existing ATA stuff, or is it more like the 3Ware (which presents
> itself more like a scsi device to the OS)?  If the latter, a quick
> shout on -hackers should find you the right person.

While installing a fresh OS, confirmed this in the manual:

"If the module has been loaded successfully you should see the
RR154x/1640 banner and  a display screen of the attached drives. You
can now access the drives as a SCSI device  (if you have no other SCSI
device, the first device is /dev/da0, then /dev/da1, etc.)."

So I guess I'll dive into this issue with -scsi and see if anyone
responds...

Thanks!

Rocket-
.ike