[nycbug-talk] the case for a BSD Certification

G. Rosamond george
Fri Dec 17 11:21:11 EST 2004

On Dec 17, 2004, at 11:04 AM, Okan Demirmen wrote:

<big snip>

>> Majority of network appliances?  Woah.  I can name a lot (Borderware
>> fw, CheckPoint Nokia, some Snap servers), but majority?  That would be
>> significant.
>
> I didn't want to miss an important vendor and piss them off ;) But
> absolutely!

But it's a good idea to start looking at them . . . Let's deal with the
'little' fish, then think about getting backing from them if possible.
Apple is obviously the real big fish.

>>> Getting off point, my point is that slipping *BSD certs into the
>>> industry may be one factor in reassuring the industry that *BSD is
>>> still here, strong and ever evolving.
>>>
>>> What can we do to help?
>>>

>> Well, I setup two new lists on our mailman last night, one for LABUG
>> (Los Angeles' Pete) and one for CDBUG (Albany area for Jonathan F). .
>> .
>> I think it's time for a BSDCert list.
>
> I may ask for a new one too soon, depending on where I end up next
> month ;)

Uh oh. . . . the NYC*BUG diaspora begins. . . Don't we get to vote on
this?