[nycbug-talk] Important about finances of FBSD

George Georgalis george
Tue Dec 21 16:56:01 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 03:51:10PM -0500, G Rosamond wrote:
>Let's avoid top posting. . . it makes these conversations confusing. .
>. see below.
>
>On Dec 21, 2004, at 2:49 PM, G T wrote:
>
>>Actually it is $30,400 in donations not affected by the 2%
>>contribution limit. However, indeed 2% is $8000 for any single person.
>>I may be wrong.
>>GT
>>

>>Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

>>> If I understand their concern correctly (and I'm not sure that I do),
>>> they need a lot of small donations more than they need a single large
>>> donation.
>>>
>>> I sent them a donation this morning. If they had some kind of monthly
>> > or
>>> quarterly withdrawl plan that would be handy too.
>>
>>Well, the largest "small" donation is around $8,000 at this point,
>> according to that newsletter. So, until we hit that number, it
>>wouldn't matter either way.
>>

>I think that's right Bob, at least from my understanding.
>
>Maybe we could have individual nycbug 'pledges' listed on our www site,
>maybe we can keep it standard at $15 each user x 200 on talk that's
>$3000 potentially. . . I'll them ask about a periodic contribution
>operation.

And I was all excited about putting in my 2 cents! But indeed it
seems all that matters is $30,000 is raised by entities none of which
making more than an $8,000 donation. number of donors doesn't seem to
matter which is probably a broken rule of the irs, the org status is
in jeopardy because of a few big spenders.... I wonder how much pull
25,000 one dollar separate donations would make? I bet a lot if it made
it to court, so I suggest we submit our receipts to nycbug for accounting
props and send donations independently.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org