[nycbug-talk] Streaming Server on BSD

Mikel King mikel.king
Tue Dec 28 02:15:33 EST 2004

G. Rosamond wrote:

> Anyone have experience with the Darwin Streaming Server on a BSD?
>
> Seems to be the only streaming server port on freshports . . .

I set it up once back when it was first released...I found real to be a
far bit easier to get going then...I'm sure they've made improvements
since...

As for streaming servers, depends on the content...there's a streamer
there for vlc, and of course there's mod_mp3.

There was a project for porting Helix to FreeBSD, but I don't know the
stat of it right now...

--
Cheers,
Mikel King
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com
t: 212.727.2100x132
You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.
http://www.FreeBSD.org
http://www.OpenOffice.org
http://www.Mozilla.org
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.