[nycbug-talk] OT: Satellite radio

Charles Sprickman spork
Thu Dec 30 15:44:17 EST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Hans Zaunere wrote:
>
>> Never used it myself, but if you try it, try Sirius (SIRI).  Not that
>> have shares or anything :)
>

> How come?

Pump up the stock price. :)

> What, if anything is better about it?
> It seems XM has more subscribers so far.

It's a tough choice.  Most of the Sirius programming looks more attractive
to me.  It seems each service has a few "exclusives" (Sirius has a number
of NPR programs) so you miss out on *something* unless you get both.

XM on the other hand has some really cool receivers, including the
portable one that you can walk around with...

I'm waiting til they drop to $5/month. :)