[nycbug-talk] irc server

Mikel King mikel.king
Sat Feb 7 20:29:54 EST 2004

Dan Langille wrote:

>On 7 Feb 2004 at 16:00, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:26:28 -0500
>>Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

>>>Why not just use an existing public server?
>>>

>>Seconded, #nycbug on irc.freenet.org sounds cool.
>>

>I'd prefer one of the networks I'm already one: undernet, efnet,
>oftc, freenode.
>
>But I'm just one person...

Well my thought process for having our own 'private' server, is that it
would most likely be used for it's intended pupose, and not to discuss
the latest Stargate episode or some other such thing. The only other
reason is; that it's being provided freely for us to use. Besides what's
the fun in just using some one else's box...;-)

--
Cheers,
Mikel King