[nycbug-talk] RE: Close port with no direction to open. Help!!!

Scott Robbins scottro
Wed Feb 18 00:59:38 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:13:18AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2004 at 0:09, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>
> > Here are the basic rules on how it should work:
> >
> > when commenting on or replying to an article/email do the
> > following:
> >
> > 1: Comment below the text you are commenting on, this makes
> > the readers job of figuring out what you are commenting on
> > simple.

> Examples help.  Anyone care to dig out a few good example threads
> from somewhere?  And some bad examples too.

My favorite.

Yes please.

With cream and a bit of sugar.

Would you like some coffee?

How would you like it?

I have a faq that although a bit dated was created for a few Linux
newbie lists. There is a section on netiquette, with a link to a
friend's even better section on netiquette, if anyone is interested.

It's at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html#netiquette

Some of it might be of use (it's directed towards some yahoo groups
lists, so there's some yahoo specific stuff about trimming their ads,
etc.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: I guess you should know since you helped raise that
demon that killed that guy that time.
Giles: Yes, do bring that up as often as possible.