[nycbug-talk] FW: Apple at BSD user group?

G. Rosamond george
Thu Feb 19 14:47:12 EST 2004

see below email from apple sales rep.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie M. Schwartz [mailto:leslies at apple.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 3:43 PM
To: G. Rosamond
Cc: Edward Eigerman; Patrick Dennard
Subject: Apple at BSD user group?

Hey George,
We have put our collective minds together and come up with a tentative
agenda to run by your members.

BSD Unix Topics:

1. The History of Darwin
2. The structure of OS X
3. OS X and Unix
4. OS X Server as a platform
5. Xserve/Xserve RAID
6.  2 minute sales pitch

The last section would be a short plea to try and get your members to
think of us as a hardware platform when making recommendations to their
respective organizations, very low key.

Let me know what you think!
Regards,
Leslie

Leslie M. Schwartz
Apple Computer
Sales Animal
917 885 9540

leslies at Apple.com

i am curious to hear what people's thoughts are on this.

i have had multiple discussions with leslie, and have tried to make
clear what the sentiment of nycbug members is, in terms of sales
pitches, vendors, etc.  i would reinforce that sentiment by saying we
would only turn off members with sales pitches (including myself).  the
general technical level of nycbug members is quite high in my
estimation, and have deep work experience, and have dealt with vendors
for a long time.

it's important to have a good relation with apple, IMHO, and looking at
the history of osx would be an excellent meeting topic.

maybe we could make this a saturday meeting, and have them bring some
hardware for us to play with, as wes has mentioned.

thoughts?