[nycbug-talk] FW: Apple at BSD user group?

Chris McCulloh chrislist
Thu Feb 19 17:57:46 EST 2004

> it's important to have a good relation with apple, IMHO, and looking at
> the history of osx would be an excellent meeting topic.
>
> maybe we could make this a saturday meeting, and have them bring some
> hardware for us to play with, as wes has mentioned.

Well, I'm an Apple fan personally, have been for ages (even long before
pre-OSX days), and am always interested in what they have to say.  Surely
my opinions don't apply to everybody, but I don't mind putting up with a
brief sales pitch if it truly is only 2 minutes, however, I would hope
that they could make their presentation a bit more technical.  We are
already a BSD user's group, after all.

I think the suggestion of having them bring tangible products that we
could actually tool around on would definitely make the session
worthwhile.  I think in addition to the history of OSX, I personally would
like to know more about Apple's roadmap for the future, and how they feel
Apple and the BSD communities can benefit postively from each other.  I
might even use the word synergy, if I were a marketing type person... but
thankfully, I'm not.

-chris

--
Chris McCulloh
Secure Systems Architect

  e: cmcculloh at sinetimore.com
  t: 212.504.0288
  f: 212.656.1469
  w: http://www.sinetimore.com
  a: 40 Broad Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10004, USA
key: http://www.sinetimore.com/chriskey.pub
   : [ 9508 07E0 9E6C DD05 4419 40FA 4D96 FD82 24CE 0273 ]