[nycbug-talk] new. . .ibooks. . .

Gerald gcoon
Fri Feb 20 14:24:18 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Isaac Levy wrote:

> The powerbooks, in general, have a ton of refined perks that add up to
> justify their value, (more video ram for external display support,
> usually more interface ports etc... [i.e. pci cardbus slot]) - depends
> on what you think the jump is worth, the iBooks are totally sweet rigs.

I agree with this. I was working on a friends new ibook and it had some
things that I just expected to be there since I've had this powerbook for
so long and his ibook was new. I don't remember exactly what it was.

> > what about ram?
>
> I get it at crucial.com for mac stuff, have had good experiences with
> them for years- I don't care to remember ram speed/parity etc... and
> their prices are market value.

I also agree with Isaac on this one. If you aren't as lucky as I was to
get a used that just had a gig of RAM crucial.com has Mac RAM affordable
and you won't get duped by cheap (quality not price) ram. Don't add more
RAM from Apple. Keep in mind how many slots you have up front. (Only one
extra upgrade slot on the laptop and your upgrade of 128 MB RAM only
brings you to 256 isn't a smart upgrade. Next upgrade you'll be throwing
away a laptop or RAM.)

Gerald