[nycbug-talk] list protocol. . .

Ray ray
Sat Feb 21 15:45:24 EST 2004

I'm not sure if this is in response to what I said earlier:
>People should also learn to do research on their own.  OpenBSD's
>reputed harshness has its educational value too. =)
but I was not suggesting that we just automatically respond ``RTFM''
to every statement.  Rather, it would be nice if we could also
nurture some people to learn to do research on their own, instead
of blindly asking questions that have been asked again and again.

After all, if a user decides to use BSD and finds it impossible to
use without asking for help on a mailing list, they'll just be left
with the impression that BSD is completely unusable.