[nycbug-talk] update

michael lists
Tue Jan 13 11:02:37 EST 2004

UPDATE - Library, Education, Reviews, Publications, Vendors

I would like to remind everyone that we have a newsletter that is
printed on-line and contains regular book reviews.  Therefore, I'll need
to have an offline meeting with the webmaster to update our site with a
library and review section.  The purpose of that space would be to let
our members submit reviews of books that are of interest to the rest of
us. These can be your own books or books from our library, that have
(hopefully) been sent to us by publishers to review.  There is a remote
possibility of getting some authors (other than Wes <grin>) to present
at meetings.

We are recognized by the following Publishers:
O'Reilly User Group Program
SAMS Publishing, Sams User Group Program
McGraw-Hill Osborne User Group Partnership

Contacted:
Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference's User Group Program
Addison-Wesley

Researched but not contacted:
Bit Tree Press
Walnut Creek
Newnes
No Starch Press *
Wrox

* From No Starch website: Beginning January 1st, 2004 our US distributor
is O'Reilly & Associates

Side Note:
Does anybody have a copy of...
FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your Personal Computer,
Second Edition by Annelise Anderson

Let me know if you want to add anything,
Michael