[nycbug-talk] [Fwd: Re: Announcement: New York *BSD usergroupformed]

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Wed Jan 14 22:04:19 EST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:01:21 -0500
"Rodrick R. Brown" <rbrown at rodrickbrown.com> wrote:

> "no one would argue that, despite how much code sun may have borrowed
> from bsd."
>
> As an Advid Solaris GURU @ work I have to defend SUN here, SUN was BSD
> way before FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD were conceived.
>
> SunOS userland and kernel were BSD in the core from the start :)

Let me say I like Solaris but it is not bsd based it is System V based with a bunch of bsd tools in /usr/ucb and usr/ccs/ now if you want to
talk about SunOS then it was bsd based but sun has killed the product
off in favor of Solaris.  And when you talk about Sun today you talk
about Solaris.  And I have an ultra 60 at home.

marc