[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD for Linux users

Dan Langille dan
Thu Jan 15 08:29:39 EST 2004

On 15 Jan 2004 at 7:51, michael wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:21:12 -0500
> "Dan Langille" <dan at langille.org> wrote:
>
> > Of all the things to take to Linux World, what about
> > Mathew Fuller's "FreeBSD for Linux users"?
> >
> > I haven't read it yet, but on the surface, it might be a
> > good candidate for publicity.
>
> I actually took the time to read it yesterday.  I thought it
> was well written but with a 'fun' approach.
>
> Pay attention to his disclaimers, he tries to head off the
> trolls and other petty bickering. There is a heavy slant,
> but he _is_ a fbsd guy.

The slant should be obvious from the "title": FreeBSD for Linux
users".  But that's OK.  There is nothing wrong with slant so long as
the facts are correct.

> I think we can still present the ideas without the Linux
> bashing to an Expo crowd.

Linux bashing, or any other bashing for that matter, has no place in
advocacy.  The object of your advocacy either wins on merit, or it
doesn't.  If one has to resort to bashing, the home work has not been
done.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/