[nycbug-talk] Re: talk Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Mon Jan 19 13:16:47 EST 2004

[this mail not directed at Charles in particular, but to everybody]

Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:
>
> > we had talked about this. . .but that was before we past the 50
> > subscriber mark.
> >
> > other people have feelings about this?
>
> Yes, I'd like to see an announcement-only list.

[snip entire digest quoted multiple times]

I'd like to see:
	- no more top-posting
	- no more full-body quotes

Dirk Nimmich wrote a useful article called ``How do I quote correctly in
Usenet?'', which I translated into English
(http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html).  The concepts
translates well to mailing lists, too.

Now, everybody, please don't get offended -- it just makes it easier for
everybody to read the list (and stay on it).

Thanks. :)

-Jan

--
chown -R us:enemy your_base