[nycbug-talk] www revision

G. Rosamond george
Sun Jan 25 16:07:17 EST 2004

->My advice here is to keep it simple. Abandon the expensive to print
->4-color animal logos (a cockroach waving a gun with beastie
->tattooed on
->its arm anybody?) so popular with *NIX user groups as they'll only

why?  i would think a decent 4 color logo would work nice. . .when are
we printing on a regular basis. . .?

->cause you grief in the long run. Although I constantly kid Hans about
->his choice of font (& color), I think the NYPHP logo does a
->pretty good
->job: immediately recognizable & cheap and easy to print.

it's accepted on this list already that hans is design-incompetent, and
i certainly fit in the same pool.

but i agree simplicity for the site is key, but with the logo, i'd need
some convincing. . .4color, funky could only help us in recognition.
..tshirts? sticks? etc. . .