[nycbug-talk] list volume, starting web-forums and other lists

Hans Zaunere hans
Tue Jan 27 13:45:56 EST 2004

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Wes Sonnenreich wrote:
>
> > if anyone cares to take a look at it, it's here:
> >
> > http://www.openlysecure.org/forums/index.php?c=8
> >

> Email's easy for me, web forums take too much time.
>
> If there was some kind of Yahoo!-like list/forum/group merge
> interface I'd be happy because then I can keep using my email.

Not to cross-promote, but we (NYPHP) are working on just such a system.
While bridges exist, from what we've seen you don't get a very good
system in the end.  This system (clew) will be a fully integrated
package from the ground up.  Some links:

http://paragon.nyphp.org/clew/
http://paragon.nyphp.org/clew/docs/
http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/dev/

We've yet to put solid documentation and feature listings online, but
that last link has the discussion archives.  Able bodied developers are
always welcome.

All this said, I do think it's time for an announce list.  However,
breaking the main discussion/talk list into multiple lists has not
worked well in the past (at least at NYPHP).  It tends to break
conversation up, and makes people reluctant to post because they might
be posting to the wrong list.