[nycbug-talk] Re: Greetings from Apple - LinuxWorld

G. Rosamond George
Tue Jan 27 16:03:33 EST 2004

A wise person once said. . . Leslie M. Schwartz

> We have our very own genius, Ed Eigerman, Sr. Systems Engineer, who can
> address many thing technical.  If it gets past Ed (and it hardly ever
> does), we have other resources we could bring in.  Id like to start
> with Ed!  Our idea is to get the message out that Apple is serious
> about moving into the Linux space and we have some great tools to do it
> with.  We want your users to carry that message (which they may or may
> not know) back to their organizations, and bring us in there too.

that sounds great leslie.  we'll have nycbug discuss an appropriate topic
for our meetings, and keep you informed.  however, i must note, we are a
BSD Unix group, not a linux group.  BSD as in the foundation of OSX.
i think that one possible topic, and i have to get back to the list, may
be to talk about the origins of OSX, and its relation to its BSD origins.
thanks for your followup Leslie.  we look forward to working with you in
the future.