[nycbug-talk] How to enable pccard/PCMCIA cards?

VaibhaV Sharma vaibhav
Thu Jan 29 14:40:03 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 14:17, Pete Wright wrote:
> >>I don't think I see it on the supported hardware list...
> >>http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET
> >>

> >The page lists MA401 as -
> >
> >Netgear MA401			   Prism-II/2.5  PCMCIA

> i assume you have the Prism driver compiled into your kernel?  not to
> point out the obvious tho...if you do what does dmesg say about the card
> on bootup?

Yup. I have that in the kernel. Config file -

# Wireless NIC cards
device          wlan     # 802.11 support
device          an       # Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs.
device          awi      # BayStack 660 and others
device          wi       # WaveLAN/Intersil/Symbol 802.11 wireless NICs.
#device         wl       # Older non 802.11 Wavelan wireless NIC.

The wi driver supports MA401.

Correct me if I am wrong, my point is that even before the kernel can
get to the PCMCIA card, it should have the driver for the pcmcia
subsystem. How do I enable the pcmcia services? /etc/rc.d/pccard start
does not seem to do anything.

VaibhaV
http://vsharma.net