[nycbug-talk] InstallFest?

Pastor Mac pastormac
Fri Jul 9 19:06:57 EDT 2004

Hi all--

It was finally cool to (flesh)meet some of you Monday at the Apple
Store.  It was events like that and stuff I'm reading about on the list
that make me wish I was making a 100k a year and living in Manhattan (I
suspect you almost need that much to live in Manhattan)...but right now
I'd be happy with the 100k...

Anyhew, is there an installfest coming up soon?  I've a couple of beige
Power Mac clones I'd like to try NetBSD on.  Thanks to Kevin Reiter,
I'll be getting FreeBSD going on a x86 box hopefully next week.  Like I
said in a previous post, I'm trying hard not to sound overly dorky and
I really do appreciate the welcome you all have given to this newbie.

Also wik:  I know I live in Sussex which might be off the edge of the
universe for some but I'd be happy to host some form of festive
gathering in the "country"  sometime this summer.  I live literally
next to the fire house so safety can generally be assured...we have an
outdoor grill and we live at a farmside garden so there's a bit of
space.  Unfortunately I'm not wireless yet (I do have 1.5 mip DSL) so
if you bring machines we'll have to have a wired switch.  If there's
interest in a party/installfest up here, email me and let's put
something together.

Pax,

Pastor Mac
On OS X