[nycbug-talk] InstallFest?

G.Rosamond george
Fri Jul 9 21:14:36 EDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 8:47 PM, Pastor Mac wrote:

> On Friday, July 9, 2004, at 07:31  PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> Well it only takes one wired powerbook/iBook to create a wireless
>> node, and I'm sure lots of people have spare 802.11 APs just lying
>> around these days :)  Sounds fun though, but transportation might be
>> tricky since some of us city folk don't have cars.
>
> Possibly a road trip?  There is train service to Port Jervis and I
> could meet several (I have a Taurus station wagon) at the PJ station.
> After sufficient recovery from the previous night's ingestion of
> assorted liquids, I can be the bus back to PJ.  I would prefer the
> whole group to travel together, however.  MTA all the way.
> Pax,

I think it's a good intention and concept. . .but I think it's a bit of
a stretch. . .

It would take longer for us to get to Port Jervis than to Croatia.  (I
have only been to the former.) It's the NYCbug. . .we should focus our
activities in locations reasonable to Manhattan and to the boroughs. .
.

It might make more sense to do the install fest at Marco's which is a
short subway ride from Manhattan.  I know it's also possible to get
some locations in Manhattan. . .but someone would have to sort that
out. . .