[nycbug-talk] Time Warner cable?

Kliment Andreev klimenta
Thu Jul 15 18:42:41 EDT 2004

Sunny Dubey wrote:

>nope, never had them drop anything
>
>Verizon on the other hand ..... >:)

I am using Verizon DSL for a month using a FreeBSD server as a
router/gateway... They change my IP every 2-3 hours. Before that (before
I moved) I used Cablevision cable. I was runing a DNS/bind server on the
same box, because I had "almost static IP" :). Changed twice in a year.
Now I am planning to switch to static IP using Verizon for 79.99$.
Anybody in northern NJ (Hackensack area) to have any experience with
other DSL/cable providers for static IP?

10x