[nycbug-talk] Time Warner cable?

Bob Ippolito bob
Thu Jul 15 19:06:48 EDT 2004

On Jul 15, 2004, at 6:56 PM, marco at metm.org wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:46:09PM -0500, Pete Wright wrote:
>> i've seen some pretty good things that speakeasy offers.  they have
>> "sysadmin" and "gamer" packages avail, have several static IP's and
>> decent upstream and downstream bitrates.  i've never used them myself,
>> but when i was looking for a providor they seemed pretty
>> interesting....
>>
> I've had speakeasy for about 2yrs.  No BS.  Often get an intelligent
> person on the phone after 2 or 3 rings.  Also look at the business
> packages.

I've had speakeasy 1.1mbit SDSL for about 3-4 years in two different
apartments.  You'll often get an email well in advance of any
maintenance they have planned that may affect your service.  This
doesn't happen too often, usually very late at night (i.e. you should
be drunk or sleeping), and don't last very long.

It's not the cheapest service on the market.. but it works.

-bob