[nycbug-talk] POP3 server recommendations

Kevin Reiter tux
Thu Jul 15 20:11:42 EDT 2004

> I'm building a POP3 server for a client and am looking for suggestions for
> the most secure (he-he) app available. According to the ports
> descriptions, that brings me down to:
>
> akpop3d
> dovecot
> missey
>
> The client isn't interested in IMAP but wants POP3. Anyone have experience
> with any of these and reasons to recommend one over the other?

How about qmail?  I seem to remember hearing that it was the most "secure"
MTA around, but I'm no mail guru, so I can't give supporting arguments on
that.  I use qmail with IMAP and POP3 with assorted addins myself and I much
prefer it to postfix or any of the others.

Anyone else who knows more than me (which is about everyone :) want to chime
in?