[nycbug-talk] POP3 server recommendations

Okan Demirmen okan
Thu Jul 15 23:02:07 EDT 2004

On Thu 2004.07.15 at 19:41 -0400, Dru wrote:
> I'm building a POP3 server for a client and am looking for suggestions for
> the most secure (he-he) app available. According to the ports
> descriptions, that brings me down to:
>
> akpop3d
> dovecot
> missey
>
> The client isn't interested in IMAP but wants POP3. Anyone have experience
> with any of these and reasons to recommend one over the other?

you didn't mention your OS. if you use OpenBSD, you have one in the
base, based of of solar designs popa3d (as someone else mentioned).
i'd recommend that on any OS.

--
Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com>
PGP-Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB3670934