[nycbug-talk] Re: new NYCBUG www site. . .

Bob Ippolito bob
Fri Jul 16 19:54:42 EDT 2004

On Jul 16, 2004, at 7:28 PM, G.Rosamond wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2004, at 1:13 PM, G. Rosamond wrote:
>
>> I want to encourage all to provide feedback on the new site. . .
>>
>> We want to roll this out very soon. .. it's been delayed to long. . .
>>
>> What a developer can do is certainly a big step up from my abilities
>> with OOo and vi. . .
>>
>> Let's use talk as a forum for input on the site.
>
> Okay, okay.. .
>
> would a url help?
>
> dev.nycbug.org

Looks much better!

Is there a real good reason to limit the width of the site?  Seems like
a waste when you're going to the site to read information, not to look
at the pretty "shadows" on the edges.

News/Events/etc. should be syndicated as RSS or ATOM (I don't care,
NetNewsWire does both).

The style sheet could use a little work (as advertised).  The "your ip"
text at the bottom isn't really readable, and the headings could use
some more vertical space between the lines of text.. it renders a bit
different in Mozilla than it does in Safari (well, the 2.0 beta I'm
using).  In Mozilla, the header in the top-right bar is spaced fine, in
Safari the two lines of text are right on top of each other.  In both,
the news header is really squished.

-bob