[nycbug-talk] Re: new NYCBUG www site. . .

Bob Ippolito bob
Sat Jul 17 10:53:20 EDT 2004

On Jul 17, 2004, at 10:15 AM, michael wrote:

> on 20040716 7:54 PM Bob Ippolito had written...
>
>> News/Events/etc. should be syndicated as RSS or ATOM (I don't care,
>> NetNewsWire does both).
>
> While I totally agree a newsfeed is a great idea, the News/Events/etc
> sections were intended to be OUR news/events/etc.. you know, NYCBUG
> specific stuff.  The two articles there are bad examples of
> placeholders, sorry.

If you don't implement RSS feeds, I guarantee I will NEVER read the
site unless somebody points me to it via email or IM.  I don't
periodically go to websites anymore, I just wait until NNW tells me a
site has changed.

To me, RSS feeds are way more important than the web-browser-digestible
site itself.

-bob