[nycbug-talk] consult

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman
Thu Jul 22 11:56:55 EDT 2004

Hey all you BSD people.

We have a brand new ION Computing server with FreeBSD 5.2 installed.

We want to install bacula on it and use it with our spectralogic tape
library.

Here's the conundrum:

I'm relatively new here...

prior to my arrival, this was mostly a Windoze shop on the desktop and on
the server side.

My Sysads are very solid windoze sysads and that's fine... they're beginning
to get comfortable with Linux (as I am)...

now.. we're all gonna start grokking BSD...

so.. back to the conundrum:

We're running out of DLT tapes for our HP ShureStore library (or whatever
that thing is called)...

I don't want to order new tapes for a tape library I'm going to be
deprecating.

We HAVE a license for Brightstor... if I let them, the sysads could throw
Windows Server 2003 on the Ion Computing box and put brightstor on it and
we'd have the spectralogic up and running by day's end..

but... I'd really rather move in the direction of BSD and Bacula..

Is there anyone out there that'd like to help us properly setup our BSD box
and get bacula up and running and the spectralogic working?

the important aspect of this is we're looking for someone to teach us to
fish, not sell us fish..

we'd like to do this asap..

if you're interested, please call me at 347 392 2560 to discuss.

Thanks!

J.
--
Joshua S. Freeman
Dir. of Computer Services

intended for a specific individual/group of individuals and a specific
purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not an intended recipient, you
should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited.