[nycbug-talk] Anyone with a contact at MSN?

Dan Langille dan
Wed Jun 2 11:39:22 EDT 2004

On 2 Jun 2004 at 10:57, G.Rosamond wrote:

> >> Here's an idea: try to chat with 'yourself' as someone who the thief
> >> would want to meet. Appeal to prurient or greedy desires, present an
> >> offer they can't refuse, and lay a trap.
> >
> > They only came online once.  And were gone.

> Maybe i missed something in this thread somewhere along the way, but
> did you talk to level i support at msn?

Level i?  I spent about 90 minutes on the phone when it happened.
Nobody was able to tell me anything.

> did you ask for a manager?

Not explicitly, I asked if there was anyone else to talk to.

> or email security at msn.com or whatever their digital security contact
> info is?

What I've heard, from multiple sources, is I can't get anything
without police involvement.  I've been trying to get them
involved....  The police report was filed within 10 minutes of the
theft being discovered.  This was Thursday May 27.  I called
yesterday and left a message for the dectective.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/