[nycbug-talk] virtual users and ftp/scp/rsync-ssh (was: ftp client....)

George Georgalis george
Wed Jun 2 11:57:21 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:47:53AM -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>On Jun 2, 2004, at 9:37 AM, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>>I think Twisted, http://twistedmatrix.com/ is a bit of a stretch. :)
>>Thanks for the link anyhow.
>
>Why do you say it's a stretch?  It's probably the only thing out there
>that's designed to facilitate the sort of configuration you want.

I tend to stick with 'traditional' installations, for a variety
of reasons.  Trying twistedmatrix would cause a variety of site
technical/political issues, besides the extra time to learn it...

>>It never occurred to me that I might actually _want_ Apache2 features.
>>This looks worth looking into. Thanks.
>
>Apache 2 is definitely underrated.  If you have to run really tightly
>integrated modules or really squeeze performance out of a box, Apache
>1.3.x really isn't an option.  Extra functionality is just icing on the
>cake.
>
>There is at least one WebDAV implementation for Apache 1.3.x, but it
>probably hasn't been updated much since the release of Apache 2.. so I
>would just bite the bullet and go with Apache 2.

Neat. I only know about apache2 because of posts where people have
installation issues, need to take a closer look.

// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/  cell:646-331-2027  mailto:george at galis.org
Key fingerprint = 5415 2738 61CF 6AE1 E9A7  9EF0 0186 503B 9831 1631