[nycbug-talk] August Meeting

G. Rosamond george
Thu Jun 10 19:19:52 EDT 2004

We have a confirmed speaker for August 4th NYCBUG. . .

Simon Lok spoke for NYLUG many years ago, and ripped apart the CW of
network security.  His firm has a number of creative OpenBSD solutions.
His meeting will be focused on Soekris hardware with OpenBSD and pf. .
.And maybe some CARP action.  He's also a doctoral student at Columbia.

I can't tell everyone how much of a great speaker he was. . .I kept his
info around on file since I knew sooner or later we'd have a BSD User
Group in NYC.

We're still waiting on Michael Lucas' details on his visit to NYC, but
it looks like it will be in the fall.