[nycbug-talk] Soekris

Pete Wright pete
Tue Jun 15 12:41:43 EDT 2004

(sorry for repost Jonathan repost, didn't get cc'd to list)

Jonathan Hirschman wrote:

> Just out of curiousity - has anyone tried the PC Engines Wrap board in
> stead? It is significantly cheaper, and has very similar specs:

no i have not, altho i have read great things about the soekris folks,
and they seem pretty supportive of opensource tech (they have designed
these boards with *BSD and gnu/linux mind).

> http://store.ituner.com/ituner/wrapboard1c.html
>
> Seems like a bargain in comparison.

i'm not too sure about that, the soekris box has more RAM, a USB
interface, PXE boots, three onboard NIC's by default and comes with a
case.  the ituner box may have these features as well, but i didn't see
them on the link supplied.

in any event, we decide that the ituner is a better product than i think
we should do it.

cheers,
   pete

--