[nycbug-talk] IRC revisited

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Thu Jun 17 12:12:44 EDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 03:57 am, Bob wrote:

> When is the last time an "issue or event" requiring chan services
> happened on freenode, anyway?  I've never seen one.
>
> -bob

I think its more an issue if policy and insurance.

In the years that #nylug has existed, I don't think there has ever been a
real use for chanop powers ......... except once.

Just last week, there was an unruly person who joined the channel and said
some pretty vulgar things.  Normally I wouldn't care because IRC is
anything but PC, however this person specifically said some colorful things
about a person we all know (or at least us nylug folks know about).

This person has been kicked off the the nylug-talk mailing list before for
being a generally obnoxious person before.  Therefore I simply felt
that /kb'ing the person was the best thing to do.

Sunny Dubey