[nycbug-talk] WWDC representation for NYCBUG

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Sat Jun 26 19:43:30 EDT 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 06:45 pm, Isaac Levy wrote:

[...]

> it would be a HUGE benefit for sysadmins
> all over, and could get more apple machines into their networks- (by
> exposing them to awesome Apple stuff, much like the strategy for
> putting iTunes/iPods on Windows, but likely a lot less work [!]).
>
> With that, I'd really like to See apple put more direct code out into
> other projects, in order to not only share particular technologies by
> making them usable outside of Apple stuff, but also to make Apple stuff
> natively more interoperable (and therefore desirable) to start slipping
> into our respective IT infrastructures.

Erm,

IMO those sound like some pretty self-serving OSS contributions ...

How about doing some stuff just for good-will ? Like sponsoring some of the
great work Eirc Anholt does for the *BSDs in terms of Xorg? Right now
*linux*fund pays him to do that ...

The likes of redhat/suse (pre-Novell) are much smaller than Apple, but I've
seem them do more for OSS in general which in turn effects the *BSDs.

Sunny Dubey