[nycbug-talk] current FreeBSD Advocacy thread

Ray ray
Tue Mar 9 16:43:16 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:13:14AM -0500, Pete Wright wrote:
> from the re-install i had to do yesterday;
> boot from CD, base Win2K system loaded, reboot

Up to this point, I consider it the "installation" phase.

> then packages get installed, network configured, and join domain, reboot
> apply IE service pacthes, reboot
> apply Win2K patches, reboot...etc. etc. etc ;^)

These steps I do not consider to be part of the installation.
However, as they are important steps following the installation of
any piece of software, let alone an operating system, I should
probably revise my definition of "installation."

Yeah, having to reboot after those service packs are a pain.  But
we're getting off-topic here.  I still think that an installation
that is easy to understand and use to someone who's never used it
is ideal.  Hence my support for the Windows 2000 installer.

-Ray-