[nycbug-talk] May Meeting. . .

Francisco Reyes lists
Wed Mar 31 18:13:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:

> it seems the "how to make money as a bsd consultant" and related topics
> have drawn some interest. . .

Count me in too.
Trying to figure out just that since last January. :-)
Although I must admin I help my small clients with other technologies too.

As sad as it may be sometimes there is no choice. I have a client I have
been helping for close to 5 years. His small server is FreeBSD and his
firewall is BSD derived. He has some programs he use from finantial
institutions and they only run on windows. He has even asked them if they
plan to have Linux/BSD versions in the future and they flat out told him
now. He also has a number of windows programs for his industry with no
equivalent in the open source world.

ps Sorry for resend. Previously sent with ID not in list.