[nycbug-talk] upcoming meeting topics. . .

Brad Schonhorst its
Fri May 7 09:47:57 EDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 8:42 PM, G. Rosamond wrote:

> Please provide some comments for the meeting topics listed below.  And
> make suggestions for others.
>
> Using the Ports
> One part could be on using the ports system, portupgrade, pkg_src, etc.
> Then additional parts where a few people highlight some useful ports
> individually that are maybe less known.  Speakers: Marc Spitzer and a
> couple of other people.  Or maybe we could just have an ssh session
> where people just get up and show their favorite port for 10 minutes.

Sounds good, I'd like to see the speaker(s) go over using ports on all
the BSD's...

> Simon Lok on Wireless Hacking
> We could schedule him for August.  He's a brilliant speaker who I saw
> at
> a NYLUG meeting a few years back, and his firm is an OpenBSD shop.

This would be quite interesting.  A follow-up meeting on wireless
security options utilizing BSD would great too.

> Hans Zaunere on BAMP (BSD, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
> Our very own Hans. . .

I'd especially like to see some discussion on chrooted and jailed
implementations of the above topics.

> Trish will be speaking on some topic for July 7th.  He's getting me
> details.

anticipation is building...

-Brad