[nycbug-talk] Troubleshooting CVSup.

Francisco Reyes lists
Sat May 8 08:58:44 EDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:

> Could you give us some details. . .

That's what happens when on posts while tired. :-(

> FreeBSD?

Yes. I track stable. Last updated  about a months ago. I thought it was
longer, but just checked my /kernel and it is dated Apr 6.

> What does your sup file look like?  Post it. . .

> ps cvs and cvsup are two different things. . .

*default host=cvsup13.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-base
src-bin
src-contrib
src-etc

And more.. tags. This sup file has been working for as long as I have been
tracking 4.X stable.

Can't imagine why it would stop working.. I checked that I have the latest
cvsup program. Also tried a couple of hosts.

The way I found something was wrong was that my UPDATING file was from Oct
2003.

Should I just try deleting my /usr/src tree and only keep my kernel
configuration file?