[nycbug-talk] OS X wireless sniffers and more. . .

Bob Ippolito bob
Tue May 11 19:01:29 EDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 06:24 pm, G.Rosamond wrote:
>
>> . .but you have to chmod 777 on /dev/bpf* after each clean boot, which
>> probably isn't a good idea. . .
>
> 777 is never a good idea, I'd be surprised if 660 didn't work for you.

You'd have to add yourself to the wheel group then.  Administrator
accounts are not wheel.  As I mentioned, the real solution is to use
the Authentication API to get access to the device files.  Basically
just sudo on crack.

-bob