[nycbug-talk] bsdcan?

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Tue May 18 18:39:07 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 06:27 pm, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> Did they speak about how Intel's amd64 CPU doesn't have No-Execute ?
>
> I'm interested in knowning if this requires a seperate kernel to be
> compiled for both CPUs, or a single kernel can detect NX support and
> simple enable/disable it ?

Actually, I'm more interested in where the OpenBSD guys got Intel's amd64
chips to test their code on.

Obviously it would have to be from Intel directly, but even the Obsd guys
talking about actually using those chips is somewhat surprising.  Most
people weren't even aware Intel started fabbing any of their yamhill work.

Sunny Dubey