[nycbug-talk] Apple thwarting Redmond?

michael lists
Wed May 19 09:18:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:47:09 -0400
Mikel King <mikel.king at ocsny.com> wrote:

> Apple Looks to Patent Translucent Windows
<snip>
> Thoughts, feelings, concerns?

Form Link:
 According to the filing, the patent covers a method in which
"information-bearing windows whose contents remain unchanged for a
predetermined period of time become translucent." The translucency would
intensify the longer a window's content remains unchanged, the patent
application states.

Translucent / Transparent terminal windows were all the rage a while
back on [flux|black|open]box window managers.  I'll admit tailing the
access log in a clear Eterm window set against the root window was l33t
for about a day. But that is just me.

Having windows slowly disappear (the patent) would seem similarly
annoying.  My opinion on this patent?   There's nothing to see here..
move along.  <grin>

---