[nycbug-talk] Lab environment

Isaac Levy ike
Wed May 19 23:02:50 EDT 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 10:54 PM, G.Rosamond wrote:

>> So I'll keep volunteered if some folks get my back on this stuff...
>> <g>
>
> I think the parameters need to be elaborated on the list, and then we
> can worry about the setups.

Agreed-

To re-state some of my generalizing in my response to Sunny, this is
the kind of thing I'm looking for out of this:

- Sanity of setup and administration across various architectures
- Network Verbosity vs. ease of use
- Implimentation Sanity for different architectures, (i.e. perhaps, for
example, the native SMB implementation on a given platform sucks, while
it's awesome on a different platform)
- General End User Experience (i.e. start a server runing one of the
services, and test several laptops using the service with different
OS's)
- General NAS Use Experiences
- Resilience to Network Failure (ohh- nfs can make FUN for client
machines on various platforms :)

That's my blabbing- somebody want to start another thread with a formal
list of tests?

Rocket-
.ike