[nycbug-talk] Lab environment

Bob Ippolito bob
Thu May 20 21:40:56 EDT 2004

On May 20, 2004, at 9:30 PM, Pete Wright wrote:

> Sunny Dubey wrote:
>>
>> PS:  can this list be setup to default on reply to list.  This way we
>> can all just hit reply and keep chatting.  I find CC'ing the person
>> and the list to be annoying.
>>
> there was a thread regarding this behaviour back in jan or feb.  it's
> not in my archives tho, maybe someone else remembers...

Uh, why?  In most cases, with most email (list or otherwise), you want
to use reply to all.  Train yourself to use reply to all (cmd-shift-r
in Apple Mail), or rebind it to the default action/toolbar/whatever and
you won't screw up anymore.   Unless, of course, you only intend to
address just the sender; but that's the exception not the rule.

-bob