[nycbug-talk] Lab environment

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Fri May 21 07:18:15 EDT 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 11:05 pm, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Sunny Dubey <sunny-ml at opencurve.org> wrote:
> > PS:  can this list be setup to default on reply to list.  This way we
> > can all just hit reply and keep chatting.  I find CC'ing the person and
> > the list to be annoying.
>
> Use 'list-reply' (or whatever your MUA calls it).
>
> Google for ``reply-to munging''.

Interesting, I had never heard of this.

Upon searching for this topic and reading them, I've come to realize that
the first few hits I've seen are pretty much opinionated true unix-bigot
style, and the idea that information is "lost" because of this is total BS.
(This is just like the infamous "Yenc usenet posts considered harmful"
website.)

I think the purpose of such a public mailing list is to develop discussion
and a community.  Therefore the more lively traffic this list gets only
helps attain that goal.  I haven't been on nycbug-talk for too long, and
yet I've already had posts in which the person simply hit reply to me, but
not to the list.  And this is no good, because what the person replied to
me with might have been great interest or the spark plug for another
interesting thread.

just my two cents.  I'm trying to figure out where I learned of filtering by
list-id instead of Bob Ippolito's "any recipient" filter.

Sunny Dubey