[nycbug-talk] stolen laptop

Dan Langille dan
Fri May 21 16:10:52 EDT 2004

On 21 May 2004 at 16:06, G.Rosamond wrote:

> On May 21, 2004, at 4:04 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > It's just so sickening. It gets me right in the gut.
> >
> > My laptop was stolen from my car today over lunch. It was an IBM
> > ThinkPad T22 (serial 786NKZP).
> >
> > It wasn't just the hardware. There was a notebook with it too. And
> > two wireless nics (Orinoco Gold and Silver), a PCMCIA modem, plus a
> > Linksys PCM100 10/100 Integrated PC Card. That's what sucks. It's
> > the little pieces.
> >
> > Ugh.
> >

> Bad.  Very bad.  Hope you didn't lose too much data.

Nope, I don't think so.  It would have been only notes.  I run Bacula
remember... ;)  Seriously, all my work (websites etc) goes into CVS
and that's backed up daily.  On my laptop is just small stuff.

It's really the spiral notebook that bothers me.  That's a bunch of
notes from a long period of time.

> Anything we could do to help?  Was it in Ottawa?

Buy me a new laptop?  ;)  Yep, downtown Ottawa.  The World Exchange
Plaza parking garage.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/