[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 3.5 install on IBM Thinkpad 360X

Pete Wright pete
Sun May 23 13:01:33 EDT 2004

Isaac Levy wrote:

> On May 23, 2004, at 3:55 AM, Josh McCormack wrote:
>
>> Turns out it was b/c I had the laptop plugged into a port replicator.
>> W/O it made it all the way to where I was ftp'ing sets of files, and
>> it stalled. Ugh.
>>
>> Josh
>

> Ugh is right- that bites.
>
> Question for the list-
> Can Josh install OpenBSD from a USB media key?

i believe the BIOS does not allow this on the thinkpads.  one option
would be to PXE/netboot boot the sucker.  if you have another box, you
could also use this machine as an nfs server so you don't have to worry
about ftp'ing the files from the 'net.

-pete