[nycbug-talk] NYCLAB?

G.Rosamond george
Mon May 24 20:15:05 EDT 2004

On May 24, 2004, at 8:05 PM, Josh McCormack wrote:

> Mikel King wrote:
>
>> Pete Wright wrote:

>>> hrm....i think at a minimum we would need two.  altho ideally one
>>> for each OS that we are going to test would be best right?  so we
>>> have:
>>>
>>> FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD
>>> these seem for sure right?  did we make a decision yet regarding
>>> Darwin/Linux/others?
>>>
>>> -pete
>>>

>> A win2k3 box, and some sort of MAC OS 10.x
>> Therefore I shall see what I can do about the 4 intel based boxes
>
> Was it decided what tests would be done?

I'm a bit confused myself Josh.  I think some people are focused on
network protocols, which was the initial theme. . .

> If there will be time in addition to whatever other tests you want to
> run, I'd like to do compare FOSS VPN options on different platforms
> and how they interact.

I think that would be a great thing to test in a lab format.  But it's
probably better to do these tests separately.  The KISS principle, as
Peter stated, should reign supreme.

> When I asked about it before there was one person interested, who
> didn't have time. If this is way too boring for everyone
> (understandable!), if your client has extra junkers destined for the
> dumpster I'd like to grab a couple, if I could, to try it out on my
> own.
>
> Josh

Let's do it in a group.  I'd like to be part of these lab sessions too.
. .and I'm sure others would too.

We need to clarify time, place, date, and the two people responsible
for the base setup.

And before that, there needs to be some consensus on the test
parameters.